February 5th, 2022
We cordially invite you for Saraswati Puja 2022 on February 5th 2022
Location : Alexandria Room Edmond Town Hall, 45 Main St, Newtown, CT
Time : 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
11:00 AM – Puja Start
12:00 PM – Pushpanjali (in batches)
12:45 PM – Hate Khori
1:00 PM – Prasad Distribution
1:30 PM – Boxed Lunch
2:30 PM – Kids Cultural Program
Lunch cooked by our members on premise will be provided.
Other Events & Attractions
- Cultural Program – Kids cultural performances (song, dance, recitation etc).
- Alpona Competition – Alpona and the artistry around it has been an integral part of Saraswati Puja in bengal. We want to celebrate this part of our culture in this year’s puja
This will be a member only event and only the RSVP’d members are expected to be attending.
We’ll follow the prevailing state guidelines for indoor gathering and we’ll be requiring all attendees to wear masks.
If you expect the vaccine eligible family members are not fully vaccinated by the time of the event, please do not RSVP and let us know via email.
Cultural Program Nomination:
Please send your nominations to participate in the cultural program (Song/Recitation).
- In alignment with Parichoy’s objective, we require all the performances to have a Bengali theme
- Nominations are going to be accepted on a first come first serve basis and limited to one nomination per individual.
- Individual performances are requested to be limited to 3-4 mins
- Kids’ performances are going to be given precedence if we exceed the allotted time.
Please send your nominations by sending an email to Parichoyctorg@gmail.com
Please show us your creative side and your skills on the art of Alpona. Please have the beautiful creation at home on a piece of large black or white chart paper and bring that over to the venue. We’ll put that on display. Kindly refer to the attached guidelines for the submission. No pre nomination needed, please bring the artwork to the venue.
- a. Black art paper or foam board or poster paper (easily available in dollar Tree type stores)
- b. White Acrylic color should be used to draw the Alpona. No other color is encouraged.
- c. Brushes can be used to draw the Alpona
- d. Traditional designs used in Bengal are more encouraged.
- Draw the Alpona at home as per your convenience and bring it to the venue
- Please write your name at the back side of the paper/board, no name should be on the front side
- Alpona can be in Portrait or landscape mode
- If someone is making the Alpona thinking of some specific occasion, like marriage, Laxmi Puja etc., please mention that in the back side of the paper/board
- Judgement will be based on public opinion (Parichoy will decide on how to collect the public opinion)
- All artwork may be displayed in Parichoy website or Facebook page.